Symptoms of Senioritis Include:
- Constant complaining of never ending work
- Never ending work
- Extreme fatigue
- Incoherent babbling at odd times of the night
- Dark circles under the eyes caused by lack of sleep or too much eye liner to try and distract from the lack of sleep
- Constant wearing of sweat pants
- Consumption of numerous cups of coffee and an offer by Keurig to sponsor your thesis
- Considering not finishing your work/thesis and joining Cirque du Soleil
- The desire to repress thoughts of thesis but inevitably relating everything to something in your thesis
- Bursts of energy at inconvenient times due to sleep deprivation
- A weeks worth of laundry that needs to be washed
- Unintentional glaring at underclassmen who say they have “so much” to do
- Possibility that you have an ulcer or appendicitis or bursts of pain that you decide only warrant a trip to the doctor after you’ve completed your thesis
- Desire to yell at your neighbors for playing their music too loud and interrupting your “thinking time” (aka “distraction” or “zoning” out time)
Four days. FOUR DAYS. If I manage to not pull out all my hair and actually have a completed thesis that I’m at least semi-proud of, then I will quite possibly be the happiest girl in the world. At least I did my work for class today and showed up, which is more than half the class can say so I guess I’m in good shape.
Thank you all for your kind messages of encouragement and understanding while I’m finishing things up. I’m really trying to get everything done before my friend gets here tomorrow night but I also have a lot of other things that need to get done tomorrow during the day so I’m hoping/praying/drinking a lot of coffee that I can sit down and put forth every last bit of energy and mental stamina I have left into finishing this beast.
My desire to do yoga every day this week didn’t turn out so well. I was experiencing some extreme soreness and was so tired and stressed that trying to work as much as I could felt like the better option. We’ll see if I can make it to tonight’s class.
Angelina is getting tired of me writing my thesis too. She’s been whining ALL DAY as if to say “MOM, PAY ATTENTION TO ME NOW, NOW, NOW!!!” I think we are all ready for this to be over.
Signing off for the night, see you shortly!