Today, I have a fun and easy recipe to share with you all! I’ve really gotten into experimenting with new food choices and combinations, so I’m excited to bring that budding aspect of my life to the blog.
Tropical Chia Seed Pudding
*adapted from Gena’s Strawberry Ginger Chia Pudding
- 7 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup mixed tropical fruit (I used a premix of strawberries, pineapple, and mango)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (or any nut milk or soy milk of your choice)
- ~ 1 tbsp agave nectar (start with less and add more as needed)
1. I began my thawing out the frozen fruit just a little bit, to make it easier to blend. I made this at my parents’ house without a Vitamix, (hence the thawing necessity) because their blender has an attitude!
2. Blend the slightly thawed fruit with the almond milk and agave nectar. (You can also use pitted dates or stevia as Gena notes in her recipe)
3. Measure out the chia seeds in a bowl that is large enough to also hold the milk/fruit mixture.
4. Combine the liquid with the chia seeds and stir frequently for a couple of minutes to help it thicken up. Make sure to scrape down the inside of the bowl to get any stuck chia seeds off the sides.
5. Pop it in the fridge overnight and wake up to a nice, already prepared breakfast
Don’t laugh at my terrible parfait layering skills! I am committed to learning how to layer this year
I really loved this pudding, although I added a little too much agave so it was quite sweet. Paired with some spelt toast, it made a nice breakfast thought! I think next time I will try just using mango, since that’s my favorite tropical fruit.
And yes, those were pumpkins on the outside of the pudding bowl. Half of you just scrolled back up to see what I was talking about, didn’t you? It’s ok, I would have too
I have to say I’m actually quite proud of myself for creating such a great first week of 2013. My enthusiasm and motivation levels are higher now than they’ve been in a long time and I’m really looking forward to having a great year (and taking responsibility for it too). I’ve been keeping busy and focused, and I’m so excited to share some of the new things happening in my life.
Random question: Has anyone tried Matcha Green Tea Powder? If you have, please let me know what you thought of it!